Second Main Project: "Eye of the Class"



After a long thinking session, I decided what to do as my main project, "The Eye of the Class. I will call it. I will use natural light as a light source, and I will use a white wall for the background. The camera I will use for the project is a Canon Eos 700D with a standard 18-135mm lens and settings.
First, I did some test shots with the following settings - F5.6, ISO200, No exposure composition, and shooter speed automatic. (AV mode)

                                                                                     



 
F5.6,1/20s, ISO200, No exposure composition, Focal length 119mm
                                F5.6,1/20s, ISO200, No exposure composition, Focal length 119mm
                             F5.6,1/20s, ISO200, No exposure composition, Focal length 119mm
                                  F5.6,1/20s, ISO200, No exposure composition, Focal length 119mm
                            F5.6,1/20s, ISO200, No exposure composition, Focal length 119mm
                                    F5.6,1/20s, ISO200, No exposure composition, Focal length 119mm


After the test shoots, I knew what to do, so I did my entire session with my models. I created contact sheets in Photoshop by creating a new file and choosing automation. Then, I uploaded my pictures and saved my contact sheets.

                                                                               









After choosing my best images, I had to prepare them in Photoshop, add black canvas as a background, and then upload the picture. Furthermore, I had to resize and make images smaller than Canva to reference the pictures, and I saved those images as TIF. Files so I could upload them to my website                                                




















And this is the final product. 


                                                               














After I had created my final pieces, I uploaded them to my Wix website simply by adding the image to my existing portfolio.
                                                                        


                                                                   


Reflecting on my main project, "The Eye of the Class," I'm pleased with my choices, particularly in using natural light and a minimalistic white wall background. Opting for the Canon EOS 700D with its versatile 18-135mm lens proved effective, especially with F5.6, ISO200, and automatic shooter speed in AV mode. These initial decisions were crucial, as the test shots confirmed the rightness of my approach and settings. Creating contact sheets in Photoshop helped me organize and select the best images efficiently. Finalizing the chosen images against a black canvas background and resizing them for web compatibility were critical steps in polishing the presentation. Ultimately, uploading the completed TIF files to my Wix website showcased the project effectively and integrated it seamlessly into my existing portfolio. This project honed my technical skills and enriched my aesthetic judgement, guiding me to produce work representing my vision.

                                                                                  



Comments

Popular Posts