RESEARCH THE PHOTOGRAPHER



I chose Elliot Erwitt because of the humour element in his artwork and his generally funny pictures which I like to look at. I also think that you could learn a lot from Elliot by just studying his pictures, but I don’t know yet what I'm looking for in his artwork

So far, I haven’t seen any of his pictures that I don’t like. I think every one of his art captures something which interests me


Who was Elliot Erwitt - he is a French-born American photographer well-known for his black-and-white art of ironic and absurd situations of everyday life.


Elliot would prefer black and white pictures, stating,  “Normally, I prefer shooting in black and white for my personal pictures. But now, having extensively examined my past colour pictures, I am less dogmatic. In the end, it is only the quality of the pictures that counts.”

 



This is the colour work of Elliot Erwitt, which interested me and caught my eye.

Comments

  1. Elliot Erwitt is indeed an intriguing photographer and is not to everyone's taste, I would like to read more about what you think of his work and why you like or dislike his work.
    It is good that you linked through to the image that you use but i feel your references, although good that you have included them, need better structure. I will be happy to go through best practice in this regard when i next see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are formatting issues here and these are not references as you have referenced the search engine, make sure you come to class on Thursday to learn how to do this correctly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts